AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
93913325

I have interrogatories to answer and I need some type of

Customer Question

i have interrogatories to answer and I need some type of template its a civil suit
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: mn
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes and it would cost 6000 to try to win in court for 1900
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: to answer the interrogatories and go from there
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: it is about rebuilding an engine
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: we lost the first time we went in front of a referee and then we filed an appeal to have a judge hear it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational purposes.

In answering interrogatories, you will type up a page that starts out with the same header as the other filed documents in your court case. It will have the parties names (Plaintiff v. Defendant), your name will be at the very top as the person preparing the document, and it will have the case number, and the title of the document (Plaintiff's/Defendant's Answers to First Set of Interrogatories).

Then you will type:

INTERROGATORY NO. 1: _________(type in the question)

ANSWER TO INTERROGATORY NO. 1: _______(type in your answer).

If you have any objections to any of the interrogatories, you can write up your objection just before you start to answer the question. For example:

I object to interrogatory no. 1, because the question is vague and ambiguous. Nothwithstanding this objection, I answer as follows:___

If the question asks for any information that is privileged, you won't provide that.

Also, keep your responses short and to the point, and don't provide more information than what is asked for in the interrogatory, unless you are certain it will not hurt your case. The other side will be using the answers to interrogatories to cross examine you in court if your answers are very favorable to them. Generally, if the information sought in a question is contained in a document, it is normally ok to attach the document as an exhibit, and answer the question by saying, please refer to exhibit A, the ____. The document speaks for itself.

At the end, have your signature line state that everything is true and correct upon your knowledge, information, and belief, and that you so swear under penalty of perjury. Also, make sure to include a notary line as well.

Has this answered your question?

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm checking in to see if I answered your question. Please let me know. I'd also really appreciate it if you could give a positive rating for my assistance. Thank you.