Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Question relates to my IRA. I invested in a private

Customer Question

Question relates to my IRA. I invested in a private healthcare hedge fund. The fund had substantial losses over the years and my investment lost about 70% of my investment over its life. When I presented their accountant with a statement from jp Morgan for yearend 2015 he seemed surprised and ceased all communications. What are my legal choices to pursue against the managers and their CPA . I assume they are in violation of Errisa. I suspect they miscounted the value of Ira or worse. Thank you. Fred
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

First, was this IRA done through your employer?

What do you mean by your "legal choices"?