RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I'm in colorado. I just had a run in with police outside a

Customer Question

I'm in colorado. I just had a run in with police outside a hotwl.I'm staying at. Can they enter and search while I'm not there?
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

Yes they could, but it would generally require them to have a search warrant in order to do so (which would require them having probable cause for a judge to issue one). There are exceptions to this rule -for example, if there is a window into your room, and a police officer looks inside and sees drugs and guns all over the bed, they could enter without a warrant.

Did you need clarification or additional information about my answer? If so, please reply, I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as experts are not employees of this site and we are only paid if you leave a positive rating. Thank you.