LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I bought a Ma. State Lottery Power Ball ticket On Jan 9th,

Customer Question

I bought a Ma. State Lottery Power Ball ticket On Jan 9th, 2016, which was posted as
$1 million $ win. I did not attempt to redeem the value until later that month.I was told that there was no record of a sale. I have two witnesses who examined the ticket shortly after the purchase, to confirm the validity, but then either I lost the ticket
or it was stolen from our home.I filed a claim but the lottery has not satisfied me that there has been a satisfactory
search, just "we find no record of your purchase". How can a winning number evaporate
from their computer records. I feel that there is cover-up to avoid payment.Would a criminal investigation with depositions cause, people to disclose a lie.
I am also prepared to generously reward help.Jack Davidson (###) ###-#### ***@******.***
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 months ago.

Good evening. As I am sure you are aware, you must notify the Lottery claims department in writing about a lost ticket. You must provide all the details, such as date played, time played, where played, number played, etc. The claims department will research the claim and notify you of the result. If you did ALL this, you can also go to the store on your own and ask for them to assist and pull a copy of the video tapes, on the day and time the ticket was purchased. If you can obtain the video and show a ticket was purchased, you strengthen your case and they can investigate the clerk and look in the system and see why it was never registered.