Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Hardship license HTV level 6 felony wanna.to know what I

Customer Question

Hardship license for a HTV level 6 felony wanna.to know what I have to do or how long I will have to wait till I can thanks you ***** ***** hope to hear from you soon
JA: Our average wait time is under 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes just a minute. More complicated questions that need more research might take an hour or two. I'd be happy to chat with you while you wait. The stories I've heard working here...
Customer: Would you just message me whenever you find out I appreciate it robert
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: I'm from terre haute indiana I'm a HTV level 6 felony I just recently became level for habitual traffic Violator in the last 9 years I've got 3 Dui and two drive while suspended charge
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Aslo I haven't had a license since 2013 if that help and I read about the 2 change law about getting my license back didn't know how to go about doing that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under Indiana law since January 1, 2015, probationary hardship licenses are not available for Habitual Traffic Violator (“HTV”) suspensions. Specialized driving privileges can be issued only by court order and will only be issued in cases where there is a pending open case until the case is resolved. So, unfortunately, you will have to undergo the suspension for 10 years depending on the suspension order according to the new law. The new law makes it harder, not easier to get a license back in Indiana.