Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I sell handmade crafts,I want to sell a wreath making kit.

Customer Question

Good Morning, I sell handmade crafts,I want to sell a wreath making kit. Can I buy the glue gun and the wire cutters from the craft store ( that someone else makes) and sell them in my own kit without getting in trouble? Do I need those companies permission to do so? If I don't that's great, but what if someone burns themselves using a glue gun from my kit am I held responsible? There are warnings on all glue guns sold plus I will put extra warnings on my kit.
Thank You
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 5 months ago.

Yes you do need a license to sell those companies' products and in your sales price you would include a probable royalty to them. As for liability you can try to put a disclaimer of liability but that does not ensure you cannot get sued.