TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

OK I work at a bank. I have a customer that wants to make a

Customer Question

OK I work at a bank. I have a customer that wants to make a deposit of 36.14 in her business account. She gives me a 40 but wants me to log it as the 36.14, instead of 40. She still wantsome her change. Is it legal to not track that 3.96 through the transaction?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Yes, it's perfectly legal. You would handle it as two transactions. The first transaction is merely breaking the 2 twenty dollar bills into enough change such that the person can begin the second transaction, which is to hand you exactly $36.14.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!