Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My son has been accused of looking into the neighbors

Customer Question

My son has been accused of looking into the neighbors window. They keep their drapes WIDE open all of the time. When I asked her if she was so sure it was him,and why she didn't call the police, she clams up. Personally, I think she just wants to draw attention to herself. Ever since then they are rude, swearing, making nasty remarks and even her boyfriend threatened my son to me not to his face. They always have something to say every day and I am getting sick of it.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Last week and we live in michigan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, because I don't think he is the one that did it. The girl claims that he was wearing a maroon colored beanie. My son has a black beanie. However, I do believe that it is the man who lives upstairs in our rental apartment. He wears a maroon colored ball cap backwards. He is drunk 99% of the time. The girl refuses to give any details as to how she knows it is my son. Like I said, when I ask her questions about it she shuts up
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The girl smokes medical Marijuana. She claims that it is for her anxiety. We have always been friends with them but lately they have been downright mean. She ran over onto my property last week when it happened and got right into my face and starting screaming at me that I had better tell my son to stop looking into her window. I told her she should close her drapes. I asked her to get off of my property but she said that the portion she was on was not mine. I proved her wrong by showing her the deed that it was. i talked to my son and he swore that he didn't do it. Yesterday, she starting saying things that I never said. My other neighbor was there when she said it and stated that I never talk to her, and that I mind my own business. The girl shut up.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Have they reported it to the police? Has your son been charged? How old is your son?