Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I live in AZ. I have a 17 year old daugher (turned 17 two

Customer Question

I live in AZ. I have a 17 year old daugher (turned 17 two days ago) She asked to go to CA with a frends family for the weekend but knew she was lying. I told her I have never met the friends parents so no. She left without permission and said she is moving out. Do I call the police and report her as a run away? She has done this before and i reported her once and she came home the next day. i dont want to be held liable if she gets in trouble with a group of girls going to CA for the holiday weekend am sure they will be drinking and smoking pot
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: AZ tonight
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No she left a few hours ago. I have find my iphone on my phone can see she is about a hour away. THink they are planning on going on the morning to CA> WHen I text her she says she is moving out
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: She has a mood disorder and the doc took her off meds because she said they make her feel funny. I told the doctor her sister found social media posts that she is smoking pot and drinking so i think she is self medicating. He talked to her and she told him that she was just posting that stuff to look cool though in the pics she is smoking and drinking ,He told me in front of her , he believes he so is not putting her back on meds
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.

I am so sorry. Yes reporting her missing may be your course of action. Unfortunately in Arizona the age of majority is 18 so you will be liable for her actions as her parent.

Let me know if you have additional questions otherwise a positive rating is appreciated