legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

If I text and call and have a escort to come over to my

Customer Question

If I text and call and have a escort to come over to my house 3 month ago can I get aressed i live in nc
Expert:  legalgems replied 7 months ago.

Solicitation is a Class A misdemeanor for a first offense; here is the statute:

14-205.1. Solicitation of prostitution. (a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, any person who solicits another for the purpose of prostitution is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor for a first offense and a Class H felony for a second or subsequent offense. Any person 18 years of age or older who willfully solicits a minor for the purpose of prostitution is guilty of a Class G felony. Any person who willfully solicits a person who is severely or profoundly mentally disabled for the purpose of prostitution is guilty of a Class E felony. Punishment under this section may include participation in a program devised for the education and prevention of sexual exploitation (i.e. "John School"), where available. A person who violates this subsection shall not be eligible for a disposition of prayer for judgment continued under any circumstances

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

The prosecution would have to prove the offense beyond a reasonable doubt in order to obtain a conviction.