Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.

Is it a CA state or Federal Law to be treated by two

Customer Question

Is it a CA state or Federal Law to be treated by two Psychiatrists in separate practices at the same time?
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. No, there is nothing illegal about being seen or treated by two different doctors that have separate practices, no matter what the specialty. However, if the reason or result of doing so is to "doctor shop" for purposes of obtaining controlled substances from each doctor, then that would violate CA and Federal law. You can read about the issues with doctor shopping by going to the following link, which is very thorough and accurate:

If, after reading all of the information at that Site, you still have follow up questions, please feel free to ask them. If none, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how can you get simple changes (just a few pages) to an existing "living trust"? Just a a few pages of changes and notarizations need to be made to a huge living that is too fu of legal language. I am near 94526. Is their a good attorney who won't charge $3-5,000? Thank you!

I'm sorry but I can't answer two different questions in one question thread. The Site (who I am not employed by) has rules that say a new question thread must be opened for each unrelated question. This new question is not related to your prior question, which you have yet to leave a rating or ask a follow up question on. You'll need to ask your new question under a new question box. Not my rule, the Sites and I don't want to lose my ability to earn a living on this Site by violating their rules.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions, related to your original question, for me from the answer I provided to you on the 1st. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not received your rating.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, within the rules set by the Site, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.