Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

What you think I should do

Customer Question

What you think I should do
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,

.

If you have the proof that they defamed you to a third party by telling lies about you, then to be very blunt, I would contact a local tort law attorney, (i.e. personal injury) and sure their asses off.. This is not something that is cute of funny, it is something that can damage someone's reputation and standing in the community forever. So if someone thought this was funny, I would set an example with them that it was not and that people should think before they speak because there are serious repercussions to a person's actions.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have email that he send it to me.

That wouldn't constitute defamation or slander... It has to be published to a third party, i.e. not you or the other person, in order to be considered actionable.

.

So it he sent it to someone else, and it is untrue, you are good to go.

.

,

thanks