AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
93913325

After my mother died my brother and I went through judgement

Customer Question

After my mother died my brother and I went through judgement of possession in which he sign an act of renunciation. The attorney forgot about his 2 kids and 2yrs later a house was built on property. Now an amendment was created stating the kids quarter interest. I did not sign! Is the attorney legally bonded to fix this ?
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney for 15 years and I'll be happy to assist you for informational purposes. Before we begin, can you clarify who you are talking about when you say the attorney forgot about "his" 2 kids. Whose two kids? Was there a will disposing of the property, or did the property pass through the deed, or did it pass intestate?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Intestate if that mean it was heir to me after he sign act of renunciation I will not have clear title
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
To house in future if attorney does not correct

Intestate means that your mother died without a will. I'm still confused. Was there a will?