Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I red an attorney to pursue an individual (Lynda Eagle) who

Customer Question

I hired an attorney to pursue an individual (Lynda Lee Eagle) who borrowed moneys by way of Promissory Note(s). On 6/14/16 Judge J.C. Robingson, 6th Judicial District, signed/ordered a "Default Judgment/Judgment on the Pleadings". NOW the attorney I hired wrote me, advising that he is NOT a collection lawyer! I was under the assumption that he WAS, as I had asked him if he practiced law for pursuing collection of debts. At that time, he replied to my query to take this case "Yes, I do that type of law", so I then hired him to do so and paid him a $3,500 retainer.
Regardless, I now have a DEFAULT JUDGMENT (for $105, 795.04) that I need an attorney to PURSUE the Defendant for collection. She lied to me ad nauseum for a length of time. The last I knew of, Lee was living in Luna County, NM (just North of Deming, NM right next to "Catfish Cove"). She has real property that she was making escrow payments on, and she has Arabian horses and other animals. But I'm not sure where she may be now, as she disappeared after she was served. She is also, Native American (Apache). Her mother died during the time the loans were made, and Lee was a named beneficiary in that estate.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REFER ME TO A REPUTABLE ATTORNEY FOR THE COLLECTION OF THE DEFAULT JUDGMENT AGAINST Defendant Lynda Lee Eagle.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.

We are not permitted to refer customers directly to other attorneys. All I can do is send you multiple references, which you have to contact and interview on your own. You can easily do that yourself by searching Luna County New Mexico debt collection attorneys. You will get so many ads you won't know what to do with them. Good luck in your efforts.