MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

My master condo board called resignation of a board member

Customer Question

My master condo board called for the resignation of a board member because he disclosed contract sensitive information to a competitor. He resigned (captured in the minutes and on video) but was subsequently reelected by his member association before word of his violation became public. Now through is attorney he is demanding reinstatement. Can the master board refuse to re-seat or recognize him?
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: Earle in Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: We have gotten conflicting opinions as to FL statutes.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not to my knowledge
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes. The master board can refuse to re-seat the prior board member. The removal of a board member is controlled by the condo documents. Board members typically can be removed for cause as long as the protocol for the removal of a board member set out in the condo docs is followed.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.