Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I just received a strange phone call from a an individual

Customer Question

I just received a strange phone call from a an individual with the IRS stating that a law suite uas issued against me for back taxes. I called the phone # *****(###) ###-####) to confirm ihe statement and to talk to some one slse about the phone call but only got a busy signal every time I called back . Is the a real law suit or something to get money or individual info from me?
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

This is a very common scam. The person calling you is not form the IRS. The IRS never makes initial contact by telephone, never sues for back taxes without demanding payment (by mail) and never calls to say a taxpayer has been sued.

Do not return the call and, especially, do not send them any money. They are criminals attempting to steal from you.

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question. Thanks.