Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I have a question. If I found out that a bench warrant was

Customer Question

I have a question. If I found out that a bench warrant was issued for my arrest and I want to go to Punta Cana, will I have any problems?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 5 months ago.

In short, yes. The bench warrant could show up when they run your passport. If it does, you will be detained, either trying to re-enter the United States or when you enter Punta Cana. I would not attempt to travel out of country until you get the bench warrant issue cleared up. Having said that, if they just stamp and do not scan your passport, then you likely will not be affected. It is a risk though that I cannot advise you to under take.

I appreciate you allowing me to help you with your question. If you have any follow up questions or concerns, please let me know!

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Kindest regards ***** ***** wishes!

Did you have any other questions or concerns?

Just checking one last time to make sure you don't have any other questions. My goal is that you leave here as comfortable as possible with your legal footing. Thank you!