Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

We have had three changes from our mover and now they have

Customer Question

We have had three changes from our mover and now they have changed our move a 4th time. They told us today that they will pick up on Wednesday the 6th of July put our stuff in storage before it is move to our new home. Do we have to pay for this storage?
Thank you
Mary
Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.

Hello Mary

This is Samuel.

Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.

So help me to understand this better. You have a contract? With a specific pick up date? They have failed 3 other times to fulfill the contract? Is there anything in the contract pertaining to storage?

Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.

Do you want to continue with this company or do you want to get your money back and get another mover? Are they saying you will be responsible for the storage?

Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.

If there is nothing in your contract stipulating that you will pay any storage fees, then you are not responsible. It appears it is the fault of the company that there needs to be storage. I suggest however, that you will want to get it in writing that you will not be responsible for any storage fees because the storage is a result of their failure to comply with the contract and having to postpone pick up as agreed.

Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.

And I suggest it further get into writing when the property will be removed from storage and delivered in full to your new residence. This company seems a bit shady so I suggest you get everything you agree to from here on out in writing regardless of what the contract says at this point.