Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

How do I seek help who have essentially stolen money from

Customer Question

How do I seek help for people who have essentially stolen money from me. I have Promissory Notes on which they defaulted as well as an unrecorded mortgage for which I have never been paid.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they have refused to show up at mediation, then your only remaining recourse is to file suit in court for breach of contract and to foreclose on the unrecorded mortgage. I would seek to record the mortgage NOW so that if any other creditors exist who have not filed liens on the property yet you can be higher up in line to seize their property. However, regardless of whether or not you record the mortgage, your sole remaining recourse now is filing your suit to seek to collect.