How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 672
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm in Nevada, me and my 2 daughters has been sued in

Customer Question

I'm in Nevada, me and my 2 daughters has been sued in VInginia bankruptcy case. We been fighting Pro Se cause no money for lawyer. We are called to have subpoenas depositions in my residence (NV) of place. The Plaintiff's motions for Rule 2004 Examinations was denied. 1) It said Pursuant to bankruptcy Rule 9016, the Plaintiff authorized to issue subpoenas for the purpose of securing their depositions, in NV place of residence ( I don't know what this mean),
I wrote a letter to judge unfairly in the lawsuit. but today I received order are denied and shall appear for deposition at an agreed place. 2) The Plaintiff reminded the bankruptcy Rule 7030 (incorporating F.R.Civ. Pro. 30 (d)(1) limits deposition to 7 hours in length, unless the court allows additional time.
How can I get out of deposition? 3) one thing I realized I answered Fourth Amended complaint but the Plaintiff did not answer Plaintiff's Fourth Amended complaint. would that help some way? Help
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience and I'd like to assist you for informational purposes.

The plaintiff has a right to conduct a deposition on you. It is highly unlikely that you can get out of the deposition. If this was your 2nd deposition or if the Plaintiff had already deposed you for 7 hours, or if the plaintiff was requiring that you drive to another state to be deposed, you might have a reason not to do it, but if the deposition is going to be in your county, and you haven't been deposed yet, you will not likely be able to get out of it.

The plaintiff is not supposed to answer their fourth amended complaint, because the plaintiff is the party who issued the complaint.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 10 months ago.

Hi, can you let me know if I answered your question? Thank you!