Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

My ex-girlfriend filed a PO in April..she claimed it was due

Customer Question

My ex-girlfriend filed a PO in April..she claimed it was due to the fact I was stealing from her, I wasn't, and that case has been suspended. I'd like to quash her PO so it's not on my record. If they don't dismiss, what shows up on my "public record" if pullled?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If you have a PO issued against you then the PO, the pleadings, the affidavit, etc. all show up in the public records because they're all a part of the court file and the court file is a public record.

The only way to get around this is to have the PO dissolved or rescinded and then to ask the judge to seal the record, which the judge may or may not do. You will want to use a lawyer for this because they are going to have to do some research since the presumption is that a court file not be sealed.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.