Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

How much child support do i owe if i make 100000 a year kids

Customer Question

how much child support do i owe if i make 100000 a year for three kids and the ex makes 75000
Expert:  Sam replied 5 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel. There is more to calculating child support than merely income. However, I can provide information that with 3 children they are entitled up to 29% of the gross adjusted incomes of each parent for anything up to $143,000. A gross adjusted income means all income from all sources and then minus deductions such as taxes, health insurance, etc. That is how you get your AGI for each parent.

Expert:  Sam replied 5 months ago.

HERE is a LINK to a calculator that may give you a better idea of how it is computed.

Expert:  Sam replied 5 months ago.

It is not definitive because it can also vary if parents share physical custody. But it's an idea.

Expert:  Sam replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.

Expert:  Sam replied 5 months ago.

Hello
I do not participate in phone calls. Those offers are automatically generated by this site. However, we can continue here if you have other questions in this regard. Thank you.