KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

Had a part-time office worker quit and applied, she was

Customer Question

Had a part-time office worker quit and applied for unemployment, she was denied and appealed, now we have received a subpoena to bring all her records and all my office workers records, including payrool, personnel and emails from 2003 - 2016. this is our busy season and I don't have the time or man power to work on this. so, my question is what if I ignore this subpoena not show up and let her win by default
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 11 months ago.
Good morning. If you do not appear they may grant her unemployment benefits upon your default. The reason they are requesting the documents is because they do not think she is entitled to the benefits. So, if you don't appear they may possibly grant her the benefits. However her previous denial and the reasons for her denial are part of the record, and depending on the prior decision, they may deny her again.If you don't appear they will not pursue the issue of your records any further, and their should be no legal consequences to your company.I hope this helps.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 11 months ago.

If you have any other questions, just ask. If not, please rate the question so that I receive credit for the answer.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 10 months ago.