Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I purchased a truck two years ago cousin because he needed a

Customer Question

I purchased a truck two years ago for a cousin because he needed a vehicle And it turned out to be a truck he has been paying on it no problem. But I recently asked him to start thinking about putting it in his own name. Will now he wants to give it back and leave me paying on a truck that I can't afford and don't want the payment. Can he do that
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify:

1) Whose name is ***** ***** TITLE of the truck? Yours or his, or both of your names?

2) Whose name is ***** ***** loan? Just yours, correct?

3) Is there any written agreement between the two of you, or was this all a verbal agreement?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!