Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I worked as a district manager company and desriminated

Customer Question

I worked as a district manager for a company and desriminated against by my regonal manager and when my division manager stood up for me he was retaliated against then got demoted then double demotion then termination
In the mean time that regional manager was being investigated as the division manager reported him ,then becam super nice to me till the investigation was over then he started working on having a legal trail of documentation to get red of me whenever I was never disciplined ,
I had to report his descrimnation
Then took my 10 days vacation then I was not ready to go back to work so I requested a medical leave of absence then decided to resign in my 3rd day of my leave of absence
I never thought about unemployment then I realized that even if I volunteerly resigned I can apply for unemployment if I resigned with a good reason , my case was denied
And the company that I worked for didn't follow up with me
Also I was charged cash shortages whenever I was overseas
And in 2007 &2008 I was charged about 3000$ in shortages
And I don't remember that I signed any shortage form for that and I was thankful that I have a good career even if I'm working for some people that used me wrong
Around that time that mentioned regional manager was my division manager and I resigned under his supervision once without complaining as I thought that I don't need to burn my bridges because I have a good career comparing to my friends in the states
For sure these are not enough details
So far do I have a case
Of it is waste of time?!
Thank u
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 12 months ago.

Yes I think there is a case to pursue for harassment and a hostile work environment. Quitting does hurt your claim but there is a good argument that you were constructively fired due to the fact of his hostile nature. I think you need to talk to a local employment law attorney about beginning the process. You may even consider jointly filing with the manager who supported you.

Does that make sense? Let me know if you have any additional questions.