Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law

Is it extremely difficult to remarry after divorced after

Customer Question

Is it extremely difficult for undocumented to remarry after divorced after approved i130 from prior marriage?
Expert:  Legalease replied 3 months ago.

Hello again --

It can be difficult but not impossible. As I explained earlier, the ex wife will most likely have to return to her own country even if the new couple is already married. US Immigration may simply make the two of them start from the beginning again and that means the bride or groom from the foreign country will have to return there to await the issuance of new paperwork through the US embassy there/ If they hire an immigration attorney, they may be able to find some kind of a loophole in order for the both of them to stay in the US while the matter is being reviewed by immigration, but, either way, immigration does recognize that sometimes people are not compatible and marriages end, and so every situation like you describe is not always a fraudulent situation. But, the US authorities will most definitely look into it to see if there is a fraudulent situation or an attempt at immigration fraud. And for that, they will most likely send the fiance back to the original country to await the outcome of any investigaton that they may conduct. It will take a year or two, anyway.

I hope that helps. Please press a positive rating above in the rating section so I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating above (the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right of the middle star). A Bonus box will also appear and any bonuses are greatly appreciated (bonuses are also given in their entirety to the expert) THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!