Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My husband is charged with animal cruelty x3 ( animals were

Customer Question

Hello, I'm Nata. My husband is charged with animal cruelty x3 ( animals were left in a cold car with windows open for about 20 minutes) I did shopping and he had to take another toddler to use restroom. By the time we got to the car there was police officer car door was open and crate with 2 rabbits was open. he said that they tried locate us and gave a call on a speaker in the store but none of us heard it. Animals were fine when we left and return but puppy in a crate didn't have water ( that
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: it was in OH on June11, they give him a court date on June 13 at 8 a.m. But since he could not find a lawyer by that time it changed to July 5th
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: he talked to couple but they are not criminal lawyers
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Judge said he is facing up to 5000 fine, 90 days of jail and 200 hours community service hours. How possible is it?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What exactly are you asking here, i.e. what do you wish to know? What is your question?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.