Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am president chief executive officer of ************

Customer Question

My name is Yoshio ***** and I am president chief executive officer of ************ located in Hong Kong Japan. I am reaching out to your Law firm today in regards ***** ***** ongoing refund process for exhibition space purchased by our company in order to participate in the upcoming Mine Expo International trade show for September of 2016 in Las Vegas Nevada. Would your Law firm be able to assist me with the refund process?
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: Nevada and the purchase was made in October of 2015
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Just lawyers here in Hong Kong but they have stated that I would need representation in Nevada and not here
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Our overall purchase came out to be $189,000.00 for the full purchase of a 7,000 sq. ft of space at $27 per sq. ft. We were made aware by our signed contract that the only non-refundable fees that would ever apply was our initial 25% deposit for the space purchased and that all other fees would be refundable with a written notice before the deadline of February 1st, 2016. After careful review of costs that the expo was going to run us and not being able to come to a reasonable payment contract agreement for our test engineers to send out for implementation, myself and other board members made the decision to pull out of the exhibit and get refunded back our partial payment as agreed within the contract. A written notice was given as of December 12th, 2015, well before the refund deadline of February 1st, 2016. So we know that we are well within our legal rights to receive our refund but feel like they are trying to leave out with our funds paid.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yoshio - this is not a law firm. This is a website where you can chat with an expert in a "Q & A" style format to get some information for your matter.

I can provide some general answers, and/or, I can help by referring you to a good referral service in Nevada. Would this be acceptable?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please this would be acceptable
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

May I recommend the Nevada Bar referral program - HERE. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP. You want to look under Business Law or Corporate.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there a service for Nevada that can list out law firms with their names, phone numbers and email addresses for FREE! Because it seems I have to pay for consultation with the Nevada Bar referral program?
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

I was under the impression that the Nevada Bar referral program is free. If not, then yes, try www.martindale.com which is a free professional service used by attorneys to find other attorneys.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or marked the question positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!