Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

We had a case dismissed upon stipulated terms on June 2,

Customer Question

We had a case dismissed upon stipulated terms on June 2, 2016. No payments have been made on the account and I want a judgment so I can file a garnishment. What do I need to file first?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, we're a bail bond company and I am the finance officer
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No, except this was settled in mediation. The parties agreed to pay the money bi-weekly beginning June 13, 2016 at $150.00 and didn't make any payments and the card is declined.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Did the stipulation make any provision for what happens if there is a breach of the agreement? How much was the total amount involved?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I really am not interested in any trial periods of this. I was under the impression $5 was to cover this. I just wanted to know what I needed to file so I can garnish wages.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I get a response for my $5, please
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I am a Maryland attorney. The other attorney opted out, so I will try to help you.

Did the dismissal stipulate that a judgment would be entered in the event of a default?