AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years law practice experience

I have a legal seperationn from my husband of 28 years all

Customer Question

i have a legal seperationn from my husband of 28 years all assets were divided with filing QDRO.... can i give my adult dsutr
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: no i push the botton too soon does giving my adult daughter power "power of attorney TRUMP ny husband
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yea no definative answer
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: they provided documents assigning decisions to my daughter but did NOY
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: y
JA: Huh?
Customer: tthey gave me documents that name my daughter nothing explained
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 4 months ago.

HI, my name is Heather. I've been a family law for 15 years and I'd like to assist you for informational purposes.

You stated that you have been legally separated from your husband, to whom you were married to for 28 years, and you asked if giving your adult power of attorney "trumps" your husband. I'm not sure what you mean by "trump". What is it that you are trying to accomplish or prevent with the power of attorney? When you say "trump," can you explain what you are trying to have "trumped"?