Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

About 2003 or 2004 i was involentary commited to a mental.

Customer Question

Hello about 2003 or 2004 i was involentary commited to a mental ward. They had my brother and my mom sign me in and i ran out of the hospital as soon i found out what was happening. After that the police took me in. And they put a court order against me since that day till now. I have to see my psychiatrist every month for a 5 minute med talk. I was put into pych wards atleast 10 times involentary and forced to stay in them for 3 months or more each time. And they gave me shots and put me in harness chair with straps where my actions did not require so atleast 2 times. I have expressed concern with side effects of my medication with my doctor but she says ( you will just be in the hospital again if you don't take them). When i was first put into the phyc ward i had no sleep for 5 days and i told them i had sleeping problems. Yet a side effect of a medication they give me is it causes insomnia. They didn't give me anything to help sleep untill about 2 years ago. I hope you can help.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?