LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I just purchase a used car here in Texas it's been 2

Customer Question

I just purchase a used car here in Texas it's been 2 days. I finance it but i returned the car back to the dealership and I put the keys in my car salesman hand And told them I don't want it anymore. Will I still be responsible for the payments.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You asked: I finance it but i returned the car back to the dealership and I put the keys in my car salesman hand And told them I don't want it anymore. Will I still be responsible for the payments.

Your handing of the keys back to the dealer did not act to terminate your financing contract and you will still have to make all the payments to the lender.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good evening Latasha,

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

If I have already provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug