Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have asked someone renting a room in my house to leave and

Customer Question

I have asked someone renting a room in my house to leave and I gave her a date to get out by. she would not respondto my questions about when she's leaving and she locked her self in her room on sat Id been texting her all day to talk to see if she needed more time. I will say our interactions are not friendly. She came home and text me that she didnt feel good and was laying down but would talk to me in a little while. An hour and half later she still didn't come talk so I text her that we needed to talkl. She didn't respond. I went to her room and she said she didn't feel good but she'd be there ina minute.shedidn't comeout. I knocked again. Again shesaid she'd be outin a minute but she didn't I knocked on her door and sheresponded but it was hardto hear her. I said we needed to talk. She saidleaveher alone. I said it would just take five minutes and I unlocked her door andwent in. She screamed at me to get out. I said I needed to know when she was leaving. She told me and I left.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: Ijust got home and there is a paper from the sheriffs department saying I have 24hrs to pick up a civil paper at their office. I don't know what this means
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Like what?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What question do you have?

Doug

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I received a notice today that there is a civil paper at the sheriffs department. What is this
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Where is your reply
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello,, are ;you there
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

I am here. I was communicating with another customer. If you would like my undivided attention, I can offer you a phone call.

I'm almost positive I know what is waiting for you at the police station though.

Doug