legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed

I have worked since 2010 substituing middle and gh school at

Customer Question

I have worked for subteach since 2010 substituing for the middle and High school at Camden Fairview schools in Camden Arkansas since jan 2016 they did not call me at all every time I asked them why they said that teaCHERS ASKED FOR SERTAIN SUBS AND THEY HAVE TO SEND THEM
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arkansas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: All of the administration which is new this year is Black and I believe they are asking for their friends and relatives. I have never had a complaint about my subing, so I don't what is going on,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  legalgems replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this;

If the teachers are requesting certain substitutes, that is permitted and is a common practice. If however, the administration is discriminating based on a protected criteria, the individual can sue for injunctive relief (requesting the action to stop), and for monetary damages, which may include punitives designed to set an example.

These are some of the protected classes:

• Race – Civil Rights Act (CRA) of 1964.
  • Color – CRA 1964.
  • Religion – CRA 1964.
  • National origin – CRA 1964.
  • Age (40+) – Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967

An employment law attorney or a civil rights attorney will be able to review the facts of the case, the particular school's history (to see if there is a pattern) and other relevant information to determine if one has a strong case.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Checking in on the above; Thank you for Using Just Answer!