Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

I own an LLC used car dealership and was sued by a customer

Customer Question

I own an LLC for a used car dealership and was sued by a customer personally. can I file a motion to dismiss myself personally from the case due to the LLC
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: briefly
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We sold a car to a customer for $1000. the car showed a clean title in our state. The customer purchased the car and a few months later came to sue us for $8000 claiming fraud for selling a flood title car. Apparently the vehicles title was washed a few years back by the BMV when brought from Louisiana to Indiana. It had been sold at least two times before in Indiana and titled clean.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Yes, you wold not, generally, have any personal liability if the vehicle was sold by the LLC.

File a motion to dismiss yourself, personally, from the suit. Since the LLC is the seller, that is who the buyer should be suing.