LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

The fbi came to my house friday morning before work said

Customer Question

The fbi came to my house friday morning before work said they wanted to talk to me and i was not in trouble it seems that someone mentioned i owned alot of guns,which i do own guns legally, but they diddnt care about the guns and i could own all that i want since im not a felon,they were worried anout explosives ,which freAked me out,to saythe least, i told them i dont have any just reloading equipment,they said i was not in any trouble ,they just had to follow upon it ,i let them in ,reluctantly cus my house was a wreck i told them it was and they said theie houses get messy too since i had nothing to hide i let them in introduced my dog and asked them if they wanted to look into any rooms or closets they said no,and i gave them my number in case they needed to get ahold of me,
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Seattle Washington
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No ,except when i wsked them who said this they said it could be anyone i work withvcould have said they overheard me talking about guns but if i was im a union iron worker and guys talk about guns ,motorcycles etcthey left friendly enough and said i wasntin anytrouble tey just hadto follow up ,oh yeah it was also the day the pres came friday for fund raising
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington state
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What can I assist you understand?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well what does this mean should i take.them at their wordwhen they said im not in trouble ,does this go on my record i dont have any felonies im 43 and all of my firearms are legal i even belong to the nra
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

Thanks for the clarification.

If they took nothing from your home, did not arrest you and found no illegal contraband, then absolutely, take them at their word. Someone out there was either concerned about all the gun talk, or perhaps has a grudge, and reported you. The FBI was merely doing a follow-up---after they already did a criminal background check on you and knew that you are legal to own the firearms.

There will be no criminal record as a result of their follow-up of the report made on you.

Absolutely nothing you have shared suggests that you ever were, or presently are, at risk of getting in any trouble with the FBI or any other law enforcement agency.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,