Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My Brother, who lives in N.Y. State, wants to come to

Customer Question

My Brother, who lives in N.Y. State, wants to come to California to confront me regarding his fantasy claim that he is entitled to the partial ownership of our family house. His claim, which he doggedly pursues by emails, letters and phone calls, is groundless and I have governmental documentation which proves that. However, the man appears to be deranged, reasoning with him leads nowhere and he threatens to use his guns.
I am afraid for my safety and that of my family. The Restraining order should prohibit him from contacting me in any way or fashion and from coming anywhere near our house in Los Gatos.
What is the procedure for executing the restraining Order for this type or harassment?
do I have to go to the court, what are the fees?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Does he have present plans to come to CA in the immediate future?

2. How did you get title to your home which might give your brother the impression that he is entitle dot part ownership?

3. How has he threatened to use his weapons against you---email, written letter phone conversation?

4. When was the last time he threatened you with physical violence?

5. Has he threatened any other members of your immediate family?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.