CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I had problems with neighbors, whom are friends with a sgt.

Customer Question

I had problems with neighbors, whom are friends with a sgt. at the local pct. they have stolen my mail pertaining to an investigation derail the outcome of a complaint. The sgt, is covering said incident in these reports..
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: New York
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: just that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 5 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am sorry to learn of this situation, this is a very serious issue.

The State Attorney General is the agency that oversees local law enforcement agencies, so you can file a complaint with the New York Attorney General's Office and they can investigate this conduct.

http://www.ag.ny.gov/complaint-forms

Regarding the mail theft, this is dealt with under federal law, and the USPIS deals with these investigations directly. You can file a complaint with the USPIS here: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactus/filecomplaint.aspx