Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My father and I receive a subpoena to appear in court

Customer Question

Hi, my father and I receive a subpoena to appear in court for a traffic case as a victim. It says mandatory, but I receive a phone call from the State attorney office that if we dont want to assit, it is not nessesary, that this is a NOE, if I dont want to appear the case may be dismissed. but this communication was not official, was by phone and I received a note wrote in hand from the State Attorney On the subpoena. So I dont know if I have to be presnt or not?
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If there is a subpoena for you to appear, you must appear or the court can issue a warrant for you.....so if the attorney has told you that you don't have to appear, you need to ask him/her to have the subpoena withdrawn and send you a copy of the same. Otherwise, you'll need to be there to avoid legal exposure and a warrant being issue for you.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate your conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!