CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

ARE WEBSITES PERMITED RESELECT THE AUTOLOAD CHECK BOX, AFTER

Customer Question

ARE WEBSITES PERMITED RESELECT THE AUTOLOAD CHECK BOX , AFTER I HAVE UNCHECKED IT?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 5 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

This type of issue is not one that is precisely covered by statute or case law, however, there has been some effort to compile a search of what courts have been requiring website companies to show in order to prove a binding contract (see: https://www.eff.org/wp/clicks-bind-ways-users-agree-online-terms-service).

However, if you have a website that has been "rechecking" boxes that you have already "unchecked" (or unselected) and that website (or rather the company that owns the website) is now attempting to hold you liable for some contract due to these auto selections, you would have a strong defense against this contract claim by showing that you did not consent to the contract and that the company's website created a contract by fraud utilizing their website to create a false agreement.