Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Claiming my ex-husband's SS benefits, even if I started

Customer Question

Claiming my ex-husband's SS benefits, even if I started drawing off my own account
JA: Has anything been filed in court yet?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have planned a trip to the SS office next week
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No I was told that I might not be able to draw his because I am already drawing my own
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if you can draw his SS AND your SS at the same time?