Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I have an outstanding felony warrant (non violent) and I

Customer Question

Hi I have an outstanding felony warrant (non violent) and I have a flight scheduled from new Mexico to Florida. Will airline security or whatever governing agent locate the warrant and have me arrested?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There is no way to know for sure because it depends on so many variables. Typically, warrants aren't checked for domestic flights but I read something recently that was talking about tying the warrant database in which the same system used for the "no fly" list which is checked for both domestic and international flights.

If they have initiated that program then you could be caught. If not, and it wasn't a crime involving violence, something at an airport or on an airplane, or some type of terrorism then you should be fine.

I don't think it would have been implemented yet because it is a huge undertaking and when they do it you will hear people griping about it on the news channels and on the websites.

Many warrant aren't even entered in the national warrant database. One thing you could consider doing is hiring a private investigator to have one of their contacts check to see if you are even on the national warrant database. If you're not on there then you can be sure that you're not on anything for the airlines. If you want to be extra safe then hire a lawyer to hire the private investigator because the lawyer can't be compelled to give out any information abut you whereas a private investigator can be subpoenaed and forced to testify. It's incredibly unlikely that he would be and it's probably overkill to go through these extra steps.

I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I know I am in the NCIC database I evaded prosecution 10years ago for a 40$credit card abuse case in Texas. I have flown several times since the 911 with this warrant and never had an issue. I know I am not on a watch list or no fly list. So u r opinion is as long as I don't stand in the middle of the airport screaming threats should be ok?

Yes, likely so and especially if you've flown in the last few years. At some point all the warrants will begin being put into the database but it's not likely to have happened yet.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.