P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

My wife and I we got a citation porch in Dearborn Heights,

Customer Question

My wife and I we got a citation for our porch in Dearborn Heights, Mi. We have 30 days to fix our porch otherwise we are going to be ticketed. We don't have the money for a new porch. What do we do?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if the city can fine you if you do not fix this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thank you

They can. That is, a municipality can make and enforce rules regarding real property. That is permitted under the law.

So they can fine you if you do not correct this matter

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that they can not fine you, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.