CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

A powerful government agent has make my life as after

Customer Question

A powerful government agent has make my life as hell after working for 3 years in Iraq as a linguist and a soldier in the same time. Everything was ok till I point my fingers on something illegal and unethical happened in Iraq.
They got the system to write what they want and the money and power to create every scenario... They convinced my brother in law a family practice doctor that I have mental illness, and they set up a marriage for me from overseas girl to have this wife to sign on medical treatment.
I am powerless and suffering from war PTSD and abused and humiliated medical treatment, but they claim more stuff to cover what they did wrong to me in Iraq war. this is ongoing medical treatment without my knowledge and authorization. My kids are suffering as well. I am blocked to change my worker comp. lawyer, or my doctor. ... Please help
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Unfortunately, we are a general information forum only, we cannot represent you, nor can we call the Department of Health on your behalf.

However I do believe I can at least address some of your issues:

1. Changing worker's comp attorneys. You can change your worker's compensation attorney. You have a right to be represented by a lawyer of your choice (you cannot be forced to remain with the same attorney regardless of the matter). However, as a practical matter it can sometimes be hard to change attorneys, especially in matters such as workman's compensation, due to the way that the attorney compensation is paid in these matters (attorneys must split fees if a second attorney is retained so neither is paid as much for the comparative amount of work that they must do). Regardless of this issue, it is not uncommon for clients to change attorneys during a workman's compensation claim.
  2. You can find local worker's compensation attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).
  3. You can also change your doctor. You are not obligated to continue seeing the same doctor (either your brother as your primary care, or your assigned worker's compensation doctor). You are however limited to seeing physicians that are covered by their respective programs. So you will need to find a worker's compensation physician to cover those injuries, and a primary care physician that is covered by any insurance that you have. (Unfortunately, I do not have a list of providers for either of these lists - but you can get a list of worker's compensation providers from your attorney (either your current attorney, or the new attorney you retain to represent you in the future), and you can get a list of primary care physicians covered by your insurance from your insurance carrier.