Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I financed a car through United auto credit. I lost my job

Customer Question

I financed a car through United auto credit. I lost my job and now they are threatening to reposses my car. I got hired on at another place Monday and I know that I am 35 days past due but I'm willing to make a payment on June 30th which will be my last payment from my previous job. They stated they are going to repossess my car tonight and I am so scared. Do you think they will give me until the 30th?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm in Alabama.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No ma'am.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Facing repossession is a scary situation. Did you tell them you can make the payment on June 30?

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich