Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs

I filed an unlawful detainer and have served the defendant.

Customer Question

I filed an unlawful detainer and have served the defendant. As i went to check if the defendant has answered, they checked and found he has not answered but discovered an error in his name. They asked that i file an amendment and serve him.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: i just want to know how to prepare and amendment to correct his name
JA: OK got it. Last thing - Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

You will have to file an entirely new UD-100 form and check the box for Amended Complaint. You can get the form from the clerk or download the US-100 here: