TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

How is it a judge can order a person to go 900.00 in debt

Customer Question

How is it a judge can order a person to go 900.00 in debt per month? A petioner testified he had 500.00 left after paying all the bills per month. Then he is to pay
co-petioner 1400.00 per month starting 7-1-16 and until the house sells everything's rays the same. He moves in the home for1week then she (co-petioner) and her boyfriend along with her nephew move in for a week. This way their two children are less disrupted. Yes He is ultimately paying for her boyfriend and her nephew to stay in the house he just bought two years ago. So all the bills he pays with 500.00 left over now 1400.00 to her for maintenance and child support leaves him with a negative -900.00. How is that possible?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Sometimes judges don't care how much a person has after bills, and instead they care more about how much the other party should receive. So, the judge's answer to your question may be that the person should skip some bills, get a higher paying job, or get two jobs if that's what it takes to pay the other party $1400. It's not necessarily fair, but that is how/why a judge may order what you suggest.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!