Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

In 2005 was convicted of robery1 I spent 3 years 6 month in

Customer Question

In 2005 was convicted of robery1 I spent 3 years 6 month in prison 3 year probation and hace been on unsupervised probation for 3 year last night at hospital my sis tried to killl her self and I got in an argument with her ex boyfriend and his mother just yelling no fighting officer told me to shut up and I kept talking so he arrested me for bot obeying an officer got out same night do i I need to contact my old po officer
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. If you were no longer on probation when this incident occurred, then you do not need to contact your old PO.

If you were/are still on probation, then you would need to contact your PO. However, chances are that the PO will learn of the arrest anyhow. At this point, one may wish to "smooth things over" with the PO to ensure that they do not "violate" you for violation of any probation terms such as being violent, etc.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.