Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My daughter who is an international student from ( India )

Customer Question

My daughter who is an international student from ( India ) was caught shoplifting in Nike store in Singapore . She is 19 yrs old. We bought goods worth Rs 295 S$ On the same day from the same day . We have no financial problems .. She did out of sheer innocence while searching for her cell phone. She was baled on the same day and was asked to come to the police staton on 22nd June . They did not give her passport back & again she is called on 5th of July . I don't know what is the next course of action the police is going to take . The investigation officer says don't worry things will be ok
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this. My advice would be to get an attorney for her asap. I would not recommend talking to investigators without legal counsel present.