N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

Im an Iraqi Citizen and live in the Garland,TX, United State

Customer Question

Im an Iraqi Citizen and live in the Garland,TX, United State as a political refugee,I want to complain on the Iraqi Government to ask for my share and my family share in vast oil wealth in Iraq,which did not make use them at all,may I do that?
kamal ******
***-***-****a
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Please describe the situation a little more.

Did the Iraqi government take property that you owned?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, sir,, but the oil wealth is a public wealth and it must be used for the welfare of the people, but this wealth stolen by senior officials in the country and we the people will not enjoy this wealth, but are getting poorer day by day, the annual output per head of the known , my family and I ask for our right of GDP from 2003 to now, and this is our legal right.

I am sorry but you do not have a case. You cannot show a specific injury different from what your countrymen have all experienced, and even if you could, the doctrine of sovereign immunity could apply to prevent you from suing the Iraqi government.

I am sorry this is not the answer you had hoped for, but it would be unfair to you, and unprofessional of me, not to provide accurate information.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Another case :Been imprisoned and the ugliest forms of physical and psychological torture at the time of the dictator (Saddam Hussein) late, for two months, without any charge, the only charges are being Kurdish, can I bring legal proceedings against the Iraqi government and demanding material compensation? !!

That may be possible, but the only attorneys I know of who handle that type of case are at the CCR at Telephone:(###) ###-#### They should be able to advise you of any existing legal options.

I hope this information is helpful.